SA College of Home Study [College SA]
College SA is a private, FET-level college; registered and accredited by a number of regulatory bodies. The College was established in 2007 and offered only a hand full of distance learning courses.
Distance learning education grew quite popular amongst the South African people over the years as it allowed students from various backgrounds and localities to further their studies.
Today, the College has over 8000 registered students and offers more than 200 distance learning courses. This includes a range of accredited-, non-accredited- as well as short courses.
Accredited accounting and bookkeeping courses
We are authorised to offer FASSET-accredited ICB (The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers) National Qualifications. These courses are recognised by employers and other professional bodies, which allows students to obtain a nationally recognised qualification and pursue a professional career in bookkeeping and accounting or business management and office administration.
Accredited Technical courses in welding, boiler making, motor mechanics, fitter and turner and electrical engineering (N1-N3)
What’s more, the College is also accredited by Umalusi, which allows us to offer Technical Qualifications. These national certificates cover the theoretical aspects of technical studies. Students can choose to specialise in boilermaking, welding, fitting and turning, motor mechanics or electrical engineering.
Accredited Microsoft courses
We are also registered providers of Microsoft training programmes as well as CompTIA training programmes. This means that students who are interested in pursuing a career in IT can obtain their professional certification through us.
Accredited SABPP courses
The College is also a provider of the National Diploma in Human Resource Management, which is accredited by the SABPP (SA Board for Peoples Practices). This National Diploma allows you to further your studies at almost any institution that offers further qualifications in human resource management and by doing so can increase your earning potential and skills.
College SA also offers a range of provider programmes. Provider programmes are non-accredited courses that have been created by the College with the help from other providers. These courses focus on equipping students with valuable skills that will increase their ability to find a job and/or improve their job performance in their current profession. Generally, these courses are shorter in duration and costs less than our accredited courses.
See list of all our courses
If you would like to view our full range of courses, visit our courses page.
Reasons why students choose to study with College SA
- Our study material has been specifically design for distance learning.
- We offer a range of nationally, or, internationally accredited courses.
- Our provider programmes are in-house courses and offers exceptional value for money.
- We have dedicated Educational Planners that will help you through the entire registration process.
- Our tutors will guide you in understanding your study material and pass your studies successfully.
- Our brand new online classroom allows you to ask questions and discuss course work with fellow students as well as the tutors.
- You can study with us, even if you don’t have a Matric certificate.
- You can register for a course all year round.
- We have flexible payment options to suite anyone’s budget.